by Beatris Sayes, Newhall Librarian
• Finely chopped onions, bell pepper, celery and garlic
• 1 can of beer
• 1 glass of apple cider vinegar (organic)
• 10 oranges (juiced)
• Pinch of oregano
• Pinch of cumin
• Sesame seeds
• Pumpkin seeds
• Tomato Sauce
• Salt to taste
• 20 lb turkey
1. Stuff turkey with finely chopped onions, bell pepper, celery and garlic.
2. Mix beer, apple cider vinegar, juiced oranges, a spoonful of mustard and mayonnaise, a pinch of oregano and a pinch of cumin.
3. Pour mixture over turkey, then refrigerate overnight.
4. Preheat oven to 350 f. Remove stuffing before cooking the turkey until done.
5. Toast sesame seeds and pumpkin seeds, purée 3 tomatoes in a pan.
6. Combine turkey stuffing and tomato purée in a blender, then add to a pot on low heat to keep warm.
7. Slice pan francés (bread) and add mayonnaise, mustard, lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, watercress, radish, turkey and the warm sauce.